Ingredients (for 12 muffins… double this if you want breakfast ready for the whole week!):
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 cups spelt flour (you may substitute unbleached wheat flour here if you are not gluten-sensitive)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Ener-G Egg Replacer – enough to make the equivalent of 2 “eggs”
- 1 cup vegan creamer or vegan milk of your choosing
- 2/3 cups sugar (we used evaporated cane juice)
- 6 tablespoons melted dairy-free butter
- 1 teaspoon extract (almond, vanilla, lemon, or orange)
Preheat oven to 400°.
Oil a standard 12-muffin pan or line with paper liners.
Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl.
Whisk the prepared egg replacer, cream or milk, sugar, dairy-free butter, and extract together in a small bowl.
Add this to the flour mixture and combine until just mixed.
Add the blueberries and fold in gently, being careful not to overmix.
Divide the batter among the muffin cups.
Bake for 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the muffins comes out clean.
Let cool for a few minutes before removing from the pan and let cool on a cooling rack if you are not going to eat these right away.